Monday 4 December 2017

Yellow Glutinous Rice

Hello,

Yellow glutinous rice or what we called "pulut kuning" or "nasi kunyit" in malay is one of the dish that I have not eaten in a very long time. I remembered when I was young, this dishes were served in the wedding as some of the families maintain their common traditions especially in the Malay wedding but as of now, only some people continue and keeping the tradition and served this pulut kuning in the wedding or any other special event. Some of the thing were going different and we have to accept that times and society were changing too.

Last weekend, I made pulut kuning with sambal anchovies for our lunch and it brought back my childhood memories eaten these dishes in the special event in my hometown. The sambal anchovies recipe that I used here is the same recipe for my coconut rice sambal and I just add fried anchovies in it.




YELLOW GLUTINOUS RICE

Ingredients;

1 1/2 cup glutinous rice
1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
2 tamarind peel/ asam gelugor
250ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon oil, optional
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

METHOD;

- Soaked rice in turmeric water and tamarind peel for 8 hour or overnight.
- Prepare the steamer and round baking pan.
- Wash and drain the rice and transfer to the round pan.
- Mix coconut milk, oil, sugar and salt and pour to the rice pan.
- Steam the rice for 25-30 minutes and stirring occasionally with chopstick just to make sure all the grains are cooked.
- Serve the yellow glutinous rice with any preference dish like chicken or beef.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.