Saturday 2 December 2017

Red Velvet Cake

Bonjour,

December is here, a Christmas month! My goodness how time flies so fast these day and we are few weeks away to embrace another holiday and celebrate the festive season. Winter is coming and snow starts to fall in certain regions and at the same time Christmas tree and light are everywhere in the city.

Alors, since this month is a cakes and cookies season, I begins with a red velvet cake that I made few days ago. Nowadays, I bake and made a cake or cookies quite often because we received a friend who come over to visit sometime in the afternoon and I like to have dessert on hand to serve to our impromptu guests. I like to try new recipe as well which is I found from the internet or pinterest and sometime I just need to get some idea for what I want to make or bake and basically with the ingredients that I already have in my pantry.




RED VELVET CAKE

Ingredients;

240g flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
300g sugar
250ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
250ml buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A few drop of red food colouring
2 tablespoon hot or warm coffee
1 teaspoon vinegar

Cream and mascarpone cheese frosting;
250g mascarpone
200ml heavy cream
100g powdered sugar

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 170° and prepare baking pan.
- I replaced buttermilk with 250ml milk plus 1 tablespoon white vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes before using.
- In a medium bowl, sieve together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk sugar and oil.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and red food colouring.
- Stir in the coffee and white vinegar, mix well.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture little by little and whisk just until everything combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Let it cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine mascarpone, heavy cream and sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Chill the frosting in the fridge for a few hour before ready to use.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.