Tuesday 28 March 2017

Bamboo Shoots in Coconut Milk

Hello,

Bamboo shoots cooked in coconut milk or rebung masak lemak in malay language is one of my favourite vegetables that my mum used to cook for us. Sometimes, whenever I think about these bamboo shoots, I would try to get it from Asian grocery store even if it is just a canned bamboo shoots. Then I will cook it with canned coconut milk and voila, there is my version of rebung masak lemak.

There is no comparison of fresh bamboo shoots and my mom cooking, but at least with the canned one that I had here, I still can have a good meal.



BAMBOO SHOOTS IN COCONUT MILK

Ingredients;

I canned bamboo shoots/ 300g fresh bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon dry shrimps, soak in warm water
1 cloves garlic
1 shallot
2-3 small chilli/ dry red chilli
1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
2 cups coconut milk
Salt and sugar to taste

METHOD;

- Pound or blend dry shrimp, garlic, shallot, chilli and shrimp paste into coarse paste.
- Place bamboo shoots and all other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Season with salt and a little bit of sugar to taste and simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the bamboo shoots are cooked.
- The taste even better after reheated the next day.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.