Saturday 1 April 2017

Sweet Buns

Bonsoir,

Time goes by so fast and I can't believe it's already April. Spring is here, flowers are everywhere and how I wish this spring could last forever.. Anyway, let's talk about homemade bread now and since I begin making my own bread at home last few months, I found that baking homemade bread was truly easy and simple. There is no need to have a fancy equipment or special ingredients to make a good breads or buns.

One thing I like to make a homemade bread or sweet bun because with this sweet bun basic recipe, the dough also can be formed into other shape of buns, doughnuts or even filled with sweet or savory or even spicy and salty filling like tuna and cheese.








SWEET BUNS

Ingredients;

300g flour
2 tablespoon vegetable oil/ melted butter
7g dry yeast
2 tablespoon sugar
150ml warm milk
A pinch of salt

METHOD;

- Place warm milk in a small bowl and dissolve yeast. Add sugar and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, oil and salt.
- Gradually add yeast mixture and knead for a few minutes until the dough is getting firmer and won't stick. Add more flour if needed.
- Place the dough in a lightly oil bowl, cover and let it rest in warm place for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead for 1 minute.
- Form the dough into small balls and place in prepare baking pan.
- For the stuffed buns, flatten the balls and fill with the favourite filling like tuna and reshape back into a ball.
- Arrange them in a baking sheet and let them rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven 180°.
- Before baking the buns, brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds or grated cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minute or until golden brown.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.