Monday 6 March 2017

Kek Lumut

Bonsoir,

Kek lumut kukus or steamed moss cake is another Sarawak famous cake that I've made a while ago. This cake has a few version with slightly different ingredients but still used the same name. I think people called it kek lumut because of the greenish coloured just like moss from the stone surfaces. However, though the colour looks like moss, but the cake was delicious!

Most of the delicious Sarawak cake used the steamed method and sometime it takes up to 10 hours of steaming for a certain cake. For this cake lumut, I just baking it in water bath instead of steaming them. The cake turned out great and it was so moist. I love this kind of cake. Recipe source from Homekreation blog.



KEK LUMUT

Ingredients;

5 eggs
1 cup sugar
200g butter, soften
1/2 cup semolina flour
1 cup Nestle Nestum cereals
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup tea
Green food colouring

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 160° with water bath in place and prepare baking pan, set aside.
- Beat egg until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beating well.
- In another bowl, beat butter until it becomes soft and creamy and add butter into egg sugar mixture.
- Add in semolina and nestum cereals, beat until just combined.
- Add milk, tea and a few drops of food colouring, mix well.
- Pour batter into a prepared baking pan, cover with aluminium foil and place the cake pan into the preheat water bath and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- For steam method, the recipe called for 2 hours of steaming.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.