Wednesday 6 May 2015

Cucumber and Carrot Pickle

Salut,

The first time I made this pickles here, it was for mon mari and our friends a few years ago. I guess this is the first time they eating cold pickles like that. I've made this pickles quite a many times now because everyone loves it!

Cucumber pickles or we called acar timun is popular as a side dishes and is a good combination to go with rice. It is simple and easy to make, delicious and healthy.



CUCUMBER AND CARROT PICKLE/ ACAR TIMUN

Ingredients:

1 cucumber, remove seeds and sliced or cut into strips
2 carrot, cut into strips
1 shallot, sliced
2 small chilli, optional
A few assam boi or chinese dried sour plum, optional
4-5 tablespoon rice vinegar
1-2 tablespoon sugar
Salt

METHOD:

- Dissolved sugar and vinegar and mix all ingredients together.
- Add more sugar or salt and make it as suitable to your taste.
- Chill for at least 30 minute before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.