Tuesday 19 May 2015

Stir Fried Green Beans

Bonjour,

Green beans or French bean is one of my all-time favorite vegetable and I love when they are still crunchy and not overcooked. When I was in Laos, I learned that people out there prefer their vegetables raw rather than cooked like green beans and cabbage. In countries like Laos and Thailand, almost every meals they served include a plate of raw vegetables and herbs on the side.



STIR FRIED GREEN BEANS

Ingredients:

200g French beans
1 carrot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
2-3 small chilli, optional
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste

METHOD:

- Heat little oil in a saucepan and fry garlic, shallot and chilli until fragrant.
- Add French beans and carrot and continue to stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, sugar, pepper, soy sauce and add little bit water if necessary.
- Stir fry for another minute and dish out.

C'est pret! Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.