Wednesday 13 May 2015

Prawns in Coconut Gravy

Bonjour,

I think most people like to eat rice and prefer the meal to be served with sauce or gravy. Traditionally in Asia, coconut milk is used for cooking curries and soup as well for local dessert recipes. One of the recipe I wanna post here using coconut milk is udang masak lemak or prawns in coconut gravy. Creamy and rich with coconut milk, it's tastes good!

There is no particular rule for adding the veggies in this recipe. At this point, you can try out and add some other vegetables or fruits like pineapple, bamboo shoot or carrot.



UDANG MASAK LEMAK

Ingredients:

200g prawns
8-10 French bean/ green bean
11/2 cup coconut milk
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
2-3 small chilli
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt and sugar to taste

METHOD:

- Bring to boil coconut milk, garlic, shallot and chilli with medium heat.
- Add turmeric powder and green bean, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and season with salt and sugar.
- Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Turn off heat and ready to serve with white rice.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.