Tuesday 14 October 2014

Prawns Chilli Fry

Bonjour,

In my previous posted, I keep making a lot of recipes with prawns because prawns were a favourite in my house back in Malaisie and here too. This time, I cooked prawns chilli fry in Indian style with what ingredients I had at home.

I liked Indian food because everything comes down about the spices. It's quite hard to find a good Indian food around here like we had in Asia. Even if we find one with the good taste and there are spices, but it's not all chilli and not the spicy fiery kind but more like just plain curry or onion. I do understand that people here don't eat spicy food, that's why I prefer to cooked some Indian food at home.

Alors, these prawns chilli recipe is simple, quick and delicious, Let's cook indian style prawns chilli to have a little taste of Indian food.



PRAWNS CHILLI FRY

Ingredients:

300g prawns
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2cm ginger, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying

METHOD:

- Wash prawns and marinate the prawns with chilli and turmeric powder for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat little oil in wok and sauté onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic.
- Add tomato and cook on medium heat until the tomato are slightly soft.
- Add in the marinated prawn and fry on high heat till the prawn are lightly cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combined well.
- Serve while it's hot with rice or breads.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.