Saturday 20 September 2014

Lemon Cream Fruit Tarts

Bonsoir a tous,

Few days ago I was thinking about fruit tart. So, last night I made these lemon tartlets specially for mon mari because he love lemon tart and he really enjoyed this one. Even though the taste not exactly the same as patisserie but it tasted just as good and won't be disappointed! I brought some for my friends in class and everyone liked it.

I have a basic recipe for tart dough and it was fabulous and deliciously sweet. This recipe make around 24-26 mini tarts. I had some extra lemon curd and I will freeze it so I always have some on hand. I hope everyone out there will enjoy this beautiful little summer dessert.



LEMON CREAM FRUIT TARTS

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/2 cups flour

METHOD:

- Using hand or food processor, mix together butter, sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Process and work the dough until it holds together.
- Chilled slightly in freeze for 5- 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 170°.
- Take a small chunk and place it into each tartlet pan and press the dough all the way up to the edge.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from oven and use a round measuring spoon to gently press down dough to form a shallow indent. Cool completely.

Homemade Lemon Curd:

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest

- Using a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar.
- Stir in butter, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stirring constantly.
- Cook over simmering water for 15-20 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens and coats spoon.

Lemon Curd Cream:

1 cup heavy cream (creme epaisse)
4-5 tablespoon lemon curd

- Whip heavy cream and fold in lemon curd.
- Spoon lemon cream in each tart and top with any fruit as you desired. Mine used mango fruits.

Voila, bon weekend et bon appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.