Thursday 19 March 2020

Vanilla And Yam Jelly

Hello,

Jelly or agar-agar as we called it in Malaysia, one of the common dessert that everyone can do it at home. It's so easy and just need a few ingredient and it takes only a few minute to prepare, the rest we let it set in the fridge for a few hours and voila! The jelly is ready!


I brought a few packet of agar-agar the last time I went on holiday in Asia and every time I think about my childhood dessert, I just had to make it.



VANILLA AND YAM JELLY

Ingredients;

10g agar-agar striped
2 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
Vanilla and yam flavour

METHOD;

- Soak the agar-agar striped in a water for a few minutes.
- Boil 2 cups water and add agar-agar, boil until dissolve, add sugar and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Add in evaporated milk, stir and turn off the fire.
- Divide the mixture into two parts and pour the first part in a pan, add in vanilla extract/essence, stir and leave to set.
- For the other half, continue to simmer over low heat, add in yam flavour, stir and once the other half still warm and hard enough, pour onto the first part.
- Let it cool for a while and leave to set in the refrigerator.

Enjoy the agar-agar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.