Wednesday 25 March 2020

Asian Peanut Pancake

Hey,

Since everyone is at home right now, I'm sure most of us will do a house cleaning, cooking, baking, watching TV and movies and so forth. Be safe, restez à la maison and take a good care of everyone we love.


It seems for the time being during this confined situation, I'll cook and bake more than usual. I made a tea time snack, Asian style peanut pancake or "apam balik" few days ago, and also some other dessert that I've made everyday since last week. I don't eat a lot of sweets but I make quite a lot of dessert recently.



ASIAN PEANUT PANCAKE "APAM BALIK"

Ingredients;

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon butter, melted

For the filling;

Roasted peanuts, crushed
Sugar
Creamy sweet corn
Butter

METHOD;

- Mix all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for at least 1 hour.
- Brush some butter on a pan, and once the pan is hot over low heat, scoop a ladle of batter and spread it evenly.
- Let the pancake cook until the bubbles come up, begin to sprinkle some sugar, peanuts and creamy sweet corn. Add small dollops of butter and fold the pancake in half.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, slice and serve.

Enjoy the apam balik!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.