Saturday 6 July 2019

Rhubarb Pie

Bonjour,

When our neighbor gave us a bunch of rhubarb last week, I was thinking what to do with it, since I'm not a big fan of rhubarb. In my mind, the only thing I can do is to make a rhubarb pie. Someone put a smile when I say I'm going to make an old fashioned tarte à la rhubarbe. Simple and easy are always the best. Mon mari said the pie was so good and it was a perfect rhubarb pie indeed.


Since pâte brisée or shortcrust pastry are cheaper here, it can be easier to just buy it from the supermarket and at the same time it was quick and I can bake it straight into the oven. This basic rhubarb pie recipe is just the way french make tarte à la rhubarbe in spring or summer. Easy-peasy..



RHUBARB PIE

Ingredients;

1 store-bought shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée)
500g rhubarb
2 eggs
100g sugar
200ml heavy cream

METHOD;

- Wash and cut rhubarb into small chunks.
- Mix rhubarb with 2 tablespoons sugar, mix well and macerate for 1 hour or overnight. Drain the excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Place the shortcrust pastry over a pie pan and place the rhubarb evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar and cream.
- Pour the egg mixture over the rhubarb and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar before serve.

Enjoy the summer tarte à la rhubarbe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.