Monday 17 June 2019

Tricolour Layer Cake

Bonjour,

I've been thinking about Sarawak layer cake recently and made it this morning. Most of the Sarawak cake used a specific ingredients like horlicks powder (malted milk powder) and kaya (coconut egg jam) as well as it needs a bit of time to make it which is why I'm not able to make these kind of cakes often. Frankly speaking I am not really good in making a layer cake, it needs a lot of practice and it takes a lot of patience too.


Tricolour layer cake, based on the simple Sarawak steamed layer cake recipe that I found in the internet and when I realized that I still had a kaya in my kitchen and decided to make this cake. I gave a name tricolour because I put only three colours in it, as simple as that. For this recipe, instead of steaming, I opted for water bath method.



TRICOLOUR LAYER CAKE

Ingredients;

220g butter, soften
90g sugar
5 eggs
110g flour, sieve
150g kaya
190g condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A few drop of green, yellow and red food colouring

METHOD;

- Prepare the baking pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 170° and prepare the water bath.
- Using the stand or hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until thick and fluffy.
- Add egg one at a time.
- Add in kaya, condense milk and vanilla extract, continue to beat on low speed.
- Add in sieve flour and continue to stir until everything well combine.
- Divide batter into 3 portions, add food colouring to each portion.
- Pour one of the mixture into prepared pan and steam it for 7-10 minutes.
- Next, pour in another mixture and steam for 12-15 minutes.
- Pour the last layer, cover with aluminium foil and steam for a further 1 hour or until the cake cook.

Happy baking and enjoy the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.