Saturday 15 June 2019

Salted Egg Prawns

Bonsoir,

Salted egg is one of the side dish that I can say quite popular in some event like wedding ceremony or family gathering. Most of the time, the restaurants or food court that provide lunch or dinner buffet also served salted egg. Just like me, I imagine that people will search for salted egg in the buffet counter because they are just so good to be eaten with hot rice..


I've brought boiled salted eggs from Malaysia last month and keep in the fridge for almost two weeks. The last one I cooked with prawns and guess what, I still can't get enough with it, it was so delicious, finger licking good. So sad that I can't find salted egg as easy as I could find anytime in Asia. I would go to Asian grocery store next time to find out if they sell salted egg.



SALTED EGG PRAWNS

Ingredients;

10-12 prawns with shell
2 tablespoons corn flour or rice flour
1 salted egg, mash with fork
2 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 red or green chili, chopped
Some curry leaves, optional
A few tablespoons evaporated milk/ cream
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Dust prawns with corn flour or rice flour.
- Heat up some little oil and fry prawns until they are almost cooked. Set aside.
- Used the same pan, heat up butter and fry garlic, chili and curry leaves until fragrant.
- Add milk and mashed salted eggs and keep stirring for a few seconds.
- Add the prawns and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir quickly until the prawns are well coated.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.