Friday 19 October 2018

Stir Fried Prawn Chinese Style

Ni how,

One of the delicious meal to cook for dinner is stir fried prawn Chinese style. This quick meals was so good yet they are so simple and easy to prepare. Unlike in Asia, most of the prawns here are sold ready cooked either peeled or the shell still on and most of the people make a salad or to eat as an appetizer. I used to buy these precooked prawns but when I cook it again in some recipe, I add the prawns at the end to avoid overcooked them.


When its come to stir fry recipes, these kind of meals are always in the list because stir frying is a great way to eat fresh meals in less than 15 minutes.



STIR FRIED PRAWN CHINESE STYLE

Ingredients;

200g prawns
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
2cm ginger, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato sauce/ketchup
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
Salt, pepper and sugar to taste

METHODS;

- Fry the prawns for a minute if using fresh prawns. Set aside.
- Heat little oil in a wok or frying pan and fry garlic, shallots, ginger and chili until fragrant.
- Add in the sauces, cooking wine and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add prawns and stirring quickly just until the prawns are well coated.
- Dish out and enjoy them with rice.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.