Thursday 9 August 2018

Sarawak Steamed Cake

Hello,

Making Sarawak steamed cake is not as easy as baking other cake. Most of the Sarawak cakes ingredients are not easy to find and sometimes it using only quality ingredients and to make a Sarawak cake also required a lot of patience. I have to admit these cakes are tasteful and simply delicious. Just forget about the time-consuming to make this cake, it takes time but it worth it.

Personally, I like Sarawak steamed cakes, any kind of it and I usually can't stop eating the cake because they're just so yummy. I found plenty of recipes from internet and just replace one ingredient which is malt powder because this product I couldn't find it here. I used cereal Nestum instead and blend it in a dry blender to a fine powder. It tastes great though because all the basic ingredients are still there.




SARAWAK STEAMED CAKE

Ingredients;

250g butter, soften
3/4 cup sugar
5 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 cup cereal Nestum, blend into fine powder
1/2 canned condensed milk
1 teaspoon Nescafe, dissolved with 1 tablespoon hot water

For the caramel sugar;
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup hot water

- Prepare the caramel by cook the sugar over medium heat until sugar fully melted.
- Slowly pour the hot water and keep stirring for a few seconds until the caramel turned darker. Set aside to cool completely.

METHOD;

- Prepare the steamer and boil the water and prepare baking pan.
- Using the electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg one at a time and beating until it fully combined.
- Sift the flour and cereal powder into the egg mixture and stir to blend.
- Add condensed milk and Nescafe, beat until well combined.
- Lastly add caramel and gently stir until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepare baking pan, cover with aluminium foil and place the pan into steamer and steam for 2- 2 1/2 hours.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
- Steamed cake will keep well for a few weeks in the fridge.

Happy steaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.