Friday 3 August 2018

Prawns Cooked In Coconut Gravy

Hello,

Last week when we were working in the north for more than a week, I've eaten French food everyday and during this period I missed the aromatic and spiciness of my food that I used to cooked at home. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed French food but after a while I've to admit that I need to have my chili and spicy foods at least once or twice a week. I'll be happy if I can get it everyday, just like supplement for me.

By time we arrived home the other day, I've cooked rice and vegetables straight away and it feels good to finally have the spicy tastes just the way I wanted. Today, I made prawn cooked in coconut milk although I've not made it often but once in a while, that would be great.




PRAWN COOKED IN COCONUT MILK

Ingredients;

200g prawns
2 cloves garlic
2 shallot
1-2 red chilies
2cm ginger
1 lemongrass
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 cup thick coconut milk

METHOD;

- Blend garlic, shallot, red chili and ginger into fine paste.
- Heat up little bit of oil in a saucepan and fry garlic paste until fragrant.
- Add in lemongrass and prawns, cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and coconut milk, season with salt and continue to cook for another minute or until the prawns are cook through.

Bon appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.