Thursday 20 July 2017

Potato Doughnuts

Bonjour,

Who doesn't like soft doughnuts? I suppose everyone enjoys a doughnuts every now and then, plain, glazed or powdered doughnuts. Mon mari is someone who doesn't like doughnut at the beginning, but it's appear that he loves them since I begin to make doughnut at home not long ago. He likes the fresh and warm doughnut and I often made them since then.

When I was in my hometown, my mum had mentioned about the soft bread that she was tried in one patisserie here and as far as I remembered, I ordered glazed doughnut for her that time. So, one afternoon, I made potato doughnut and she ate three pieces and I suppose she loves it! Mission accomplished!

The picture's below are the potato doughnuts that I made few months back. I used sweet potato in this recipe.




POTATO DOUGHNUTS

Ingredients;

3 cups flour
2 boiled potato, mashed (or sweet potato)
1 egg
2 tablespoon melted butter
6g dry yeast
100ml warm milk
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting

METHOD;

- Dissolve yeast in a warm milk and add sugar, let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, a pinch of salt, mashed potato, egg and melted butter.
- Add yeast mixture little by little and form into a soft dough. Add more flour if needed or vice versa.
- Cover and keep in a warm place for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Punch down and turn dough onto flour surface, roll and cut the dough using the doughnut cutter.
- Transfer the doughnuts to a parchment paper lined baking pan. Cover and let the doughnuts rise for another 30 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok and fry doughnuts until golden brown on both sides.
- Dusted the doughnuts with powdered sugar and turn until evenly coated.

Enjoy the soft and warm doughnuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.