Thursday 27 July 2017

Egg And Potato Curry

Bonjour,

Curry powder is one of the spices that almost everyone has in their pantry kitchen in Asia. Asian has many regional cuisines and used many type of curry in their cooking. I used to have my curry powder stock that I brought in Asia. I found curry powder that sell in grocery store in France are not spicy and the tastes are quite different. I think the only problem because I still prefer the curry powder from Malaysia than here. It's really personal things though..

My family and I all loves curry but some French does not because they can't handle spicy food and I understand that. This recipe of egg and potato curry are suitable for everyone and the tastes are great even by using any type of curry powder.




EGG AND POTATO CURRY

Ingredients;

3-4 boiled egg
1 potato, cubed
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
2cm cinnamon
1 star anise
2 cloves
1 stem curry leaves
1 tablespoon curry powder

Blend ingredients;
1/2 onion
1 clove garlic
1cm fresh ginger
1 green chilli

METHOD;

- Mix blended ingredient with curry powder and little bit of water.
- Heat up some oil in a saucepan and fry sliced onion, garlic, cinnamon,star anise, cloves and curry leaves until fragrant.
- Add in blended ingredient and cook for a couple of minute.
- Add potatoes and a cup of water.
- Let it boil over medium heat until the potato are tender.
- Add coconut milk and let it boil for another couple of minute.
- Lastly, add in boiled egg and simmer for a minute before turn of the heat.

Enjoy the dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.