Thursday 18 August 2016

Thai Egg Fried Rice

Sawadee ka...

Hello in Thai language, a basic Thai words that everyone should know whenever we are in Thailand. When I was working in Laos few years ago, both Thai and Lao language have something in comman. They understand each other just like Indonesian and Malay language. We understand each other even the accent was a little bit different.

I love to hear when people talk in a different language and their language is so beautiful. It's not easy to learn, speaking other language was difficult for me but to know a few words from other country is quite amazing actually.

Now, back to the food and my appetite was on the hunt for Asian food to fulfill. There is more Asian food that I have been having lately. One of those are Thai food and yesterday I've made a simple and quick Thai egg fried rice.



THAI EGG FRIED RICE

Ingredients;

1-2 cups leftover cooked rice
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Thai red chilli, optional
1 egg
Thai fish sauce
Oyster sauce
Pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Heat little oil in a wok or saucepan and fry onion, garlic and chilli until fragrant.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Season with fish sauce, oyster sauce and pepper.
- Push the rice to the side and add egg. Let the egg cook for a while, scramble and stir with rice for a second and voila, the fried rice ready.

Taan-ah-haan hai a roi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.