Sunday 21 August 2016

Fish in Spicy Soy Sauce

Hello,

I've not been eating mackerel for a couple of months now. Perhaps I'm missing something, so last few days, I bought some fresh mackerel and I ate it alone. I just fried them, eat with spicy tamarind sauce and it happen I have some leftover fried mackerel and for the second round, I cooked them with some sauce.

Fish in spicy soy sauce or we called it ikan masak kicap pedas is a Malaysian style fried fish cooked in spicy soy sauce but for those who dont't eat spicy, just skip the chilli, as simple as that. For the certain food like this, fish, prawns or vegetables with gravy and so forth, they are nothing more than of individual preference, no rules. We can choose to add in more or less seasoning and sauce depend on our preference.



FISH IN SPICY SOY SAUCE

Ingredients;

1-2 mackerel or any kind of fish
1 onion, sliced
4 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2cm ginger, chopped
5-6 dry chilli, soak in hot water/ or fresh chilli
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 cup tamarind juice
2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Prepare the fish, rub with turmeric powder and salt, then fried. Set aside.
- Blend together shallot, garlic, ginger and chilli, set aside.
- Heat up little oil in a saucepan and fry blended shallot until fragrant.
- Add coriander and cumin powder and cook for few minutes.
- Add the slice onion, tamarind juice, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and let the sauce thicken a bit.
- Lastly add fried fish and season with salt, sugar and pepper if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.