Sunday 22 February 2015

Far Breton

Bonjour,

Le Far Breton, simple and easy but really good and remarkably delicious dessert originated from Brittany, France. I've made Far Breton once in my hometown and my family really liked it. Everyone loves the texture and taste. C'est trop bon!

I come across few recipe before and this recipe is probably as close as the original recipe of Far Breton. There is when mon mari said, the taste closer to the original tastes of Far Breton and with salted butter, tastes so much better! I suppose he's right because he's from Brittany.



FAR BRETON

Ingredients:

1 liter full cream milk
100g salted butter
400g pitted prunes
250g flour
180g sugar
4 eggs

METHOD:

- Preheat oven 180° and prepare baking dish and grease with butter.
- Heat the milk and butter on a medium fire just until butter melts.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs and sugar and beat in the flour, stir well to blend them.
- Gradually add milk to the mixture and stirring until combined.
- Arrange the prunes in the baking dish and gently pour the batter on top.
- Baked for about 50 minutes to 1 hour until the top looks nice and golden brown.

Enjoy warm or cold from the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.