Thursday 19 February 2015

Seafood Kolo Mee

Bonjour,

Chinese New Year is here! I would like to wish a very happy Chinese New Year to those Chinese people celebrating the New Year and happy holiday! It's also common to hear people say 'Gong Xi Fa Cai' in Asia during Chinese New Year festival.

Talk about the Chinese New  Year, one of the famous noodles among the local Chinese in Sarawak, Malaysia is kolo mee. Kolo Mee is a simple but popular Sarawakian noodles dish, traditionally served with sliced of roast pork, minced chicken or beef and available almost everywhere in Sarawak. I used seafoods to topped on my noodles instead of minced beef.

This is my style of kolo mee using shallot oil and I know this is not the original kolo mee style but the taste is satisfactory and it's simply delicious.



SEAFOOD KOLO MEE

Ingredients:

1/2 or 1 packet dried egg noodles (fresh is better)
Handful of choy sum
4 shallot, sliced
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup oil
Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
Fried seafoods (fish and prawn)

METHOD:

- Heat oil in a wok or pan and fry shallot until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove the fried shallot in a bowl and leave some shallots in the remaining oil in the wok.
- Using the shallot oil, add in about 1/4 of water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar and pepper and bring to a boil until sauce thickens slightly. Keep aside.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles follow the packet direction. Set aside.
- In the same pot of water, blanch the choy sum for 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add all the sauce and cooked noodles, mix and coat well.
- Separate the noodles onto serving plate, garnish with choy sum, fried seafood and fried shallot.

Voila, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.