Saturday 24 August 2019

Raisin Layer Cake

Hello,

My previous posts about Sarawak cake was two months ago, actually I'm still in the mood of making layer cake and one of the cake that I made recently was raisin layer cake or kek lapis kismis. This recipe are rather simple and used only a basic ingredients that we could find easily in the kitchen. For this layer cake, I used raisins, it can also replace with prune or even mini chocolate bars.



There are plenty of great Sarawak layer cakes recipes out there but since I'm not an expert of making a layer cake, for the beginner like me, I prefer to begin with a simple one. Although the cake a little bit dry for me but someone could not stop at one slice of this cake and actually ate 3 slices because it was so good. So, obviously everyone has different tastes, as simple as that.



RAISIN LAYER CAKE

Ingredients;

4 large eggs
100g sugar
1 teaspoon ovalette
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g butter
150g condense milk
150g flour, sifted
100g raisins

METHOD;

- Prepare and greased a baking pan and preheat oven 180°.
- Using the stand or hand mixer, whisk egg, sugar, ovalette and vanilla until thick and fluffy. set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk butter and sugar until thick and creamy.
- Add butter mixture into egg mixture and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Add in the sifted flour and whisk the mixture at low speed until just combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into pan and spread evenly. I used 1/2 cup for each layer. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and spread another 1/2 cup of batter and arrange raisins onto batter, bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden.
- Repeat layering batter until is finished.
- For the last layer, turn the oven down to 160° and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Happy baking and have fun layering the Sarawak cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.