Monday 5 August 2019

Grilled Salmon With Creamy Leek Sauce

Bonsoir,

When I was working in the hotel industry long time ago, one thing that I remember most was all about cooking and recipes from our chefs. In fact, most of the skills I learned while working in hospitality was really useful and now I can choose to use those skills when I need them in my daily life.


I remember one of the recipe that our chef had in the menu was salmon with creamy leek sauce. It was a simple recipe and easy to remember too but the taste was so damn delicious. With only few basic ingredients and less than 30 minute, we have a fancy great dinner at home. We even refill for another bowl of rice because the food was so so good.



GRILLED SALMON WITH CREAMY LEEK SAUCE

Ingredients;

2 salmon fillets
1 medium leek, washed and thinly sliced
2-3 tablespoons butter
200ml cream
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Dried dill
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

METHOD;

- Rub the salmon fillet with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dried dill.
- Preheat the grill pan and pour a little olive oil.
- Grill salmon over high heat for 2-4 minutes on both side or until salmon are cooked.
- For the sauce, melt butter in a medium sauce pan and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add leeks, simmer and stirring occasionally until the leeks are slightly softened.
- Add cream and simmer for a couple of minutes, season with salt and pepper.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.