Friday 9 August 2019

Prune Pie

Bonjour,

If there's one thing I love about summer in Europe is all about fruits. Beside the tropical fruits like mangoes and melons, there's also a lots of other fruits too like apples, pears and assorted plums. At this time of the year, I love to make a few jars of homemade plum jam and I can giving it away to my MIL and friends.



I had bought few kilos of prunes from brocante last weekend and made a homemade jam as well tarte aux prunes.




PRUNE PIE

Ingredients;

1 store-bought shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée)
500g prunes
2 tablespoons prune jam
2 eggs
50g sugar
200ml heavy cream

METHOD;

- Wash and slice prunes in half and remove the pit.
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Place the shortcrust pastry over a pie pan and spread prune jam over the pastry and place the prunes evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar and cream.
- Pour the egg mixture over the rhubarb and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar before serve.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.