Monday 24 April 2017

Lemon Semolina Cake

Bonjour,

I made a lemon semolina cake not long ago and have made a few time since then. I have tried with orange as well and both tastes great. This recipe was sourced from Nigella kitchen and the real recipe used fine polenta and I used fine semolina instead.

Normally, mon mari does not like semolina but when I made this lemon or orange semolina cake, it turns out that he do like it. This recipe is pretty simple, so give it a try then..



LEMON SEMOLINA CAKE

Ingredients;

200g butter, soften
200g sugar
150g almond flour
150g fine semolina
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs
Zest of 1 or 2 lemon (reserve the juice)

For the syrup;

Juice of lemons
100g icing sugar

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 180° and prepare baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale with wooden spoon or stand mixer.
- Meanwhile, mix together almonds, semolina and baking powder.
- Alternate dry ingredients and egg into the butter mixture. Beating all the while.
- Add in lemon zest, mix well and pour the mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Prepare the syrup by boiling the lemon juice and icing sugar just until the sugar dissolved.
- Prick the top of the cake with skewer and pour warm syrup over the cake. Leave to cool before taking it out of the pan.

Enjoy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.