Thursday 5 March 2015

Chocolate Mayo Cake

Salut,

I've never thought of baking a cake with mayonnaise before because it sound like a weird addition or idea to make a cake with mayonnaise. That is what I think at the beginning until I tried this one. This is my first mayonnaise cake I've tried and surprisingly, it turned out to be a lovely cake, moist and tasty. Nobody knows that mayo is involved because there is no mayonnaise taste at all.

I know it's hard to believe right?  Mayonnaise as a replacement for oil and egg in a some of chocolate cake recipes, mayonnaise does not sound bad at all. So why not!



CHOCOLATE MAYO CAKE

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

METHOD:

- Preheat oven 180° and prepare baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and mayonnaise until smooth.
- In another bowl, combined flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add a half of flour mixture into the mayonnaise mixture. Mix well.
- Add half of the water, than flour and water again until everything just combined.
- Lastly, add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and baked for 40-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Top the cake with chocolate or vanilla frosting as desired.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.