Wednesday 7 January 2015

Malaysian Honeycomb Cake

Bonjour,

Malaysian style honeycomb cake also called kek sarang semut in Malaysia. I remember my sister used to make this cake when I was a teenager and this cake is one of the easiest cakes to make. I have not eaten these cake for such a long time now. Few days ago, I made this cake and it remind me of my childhood time. It's a spongy cake, dark colour, balanced taste and simply delicious.



MALAYSIAN HONEYCOMB CAKE

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup hot water
125g butter
4 eggs
1/4 cup condensed milk
1 cup flour
2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

METHOD:

- Melt sugar in the heavy saucepan over low heat. Once sugar has melted and turned brown, slowly add hot water. Let it cool.
- In another saucepan, melt butter, set aside.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- In the big bowl, lightly beaten eggs using a fork or hand whisk.
- Add in condensed milk and whisk until just combined.
- Add melted butter and flour and mix until well combined.
- Lastly, add in sugar caramel and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared baking pan and let the batter sit for 1-2 hour for the bubbles to begin developing..
- Bake in a preheat oven 170° for 50 mins to 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.