Wednesday 23 August 2017

Vegetable Samosa

Bonjour,

Samosa, a simple and delicious snack that always been my choice because they are easy to make and they can be frozen well and fried anytime we want. These snack also suitable to serve during apéro as French people loves to have apéro before the meal. Since I discovered these feuilles de brick or brick pastry few years back, I often make samosas because using brick pastry, the work is much easier, light and crispy, either they are baked or fried.

My family especially my mom like these crispy samosas and everytime before I go back to my hometown, she would remind me to buy feuilles de brick and make samosas at home. I'm not so sure if there are feuilles de brick sell in Asia, but most people used sping roll pastry which is come with a defferent size.





POTATO AND PEA SAMOSAS

Ingredients;

8-10 brick pastry (feuilles de brick)
2 potatoes, cut into small chunks
1 cup frozen peas
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoon curry powder, mix with little water to make paste
Salt and sugar to taste

METHOD;

Filling:
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add curry paste and cook for a minute.
- Add potatoes and a cup of water, bring to boil.
- Add in peas and onion, season with salt and a bit of sugar if necessary and continue to cook until the potatoes are soft and the sauce are dry. Let it cool.
Folding:
- Take the brick pastry and cut into 2 semi circles.
- Take one half and fold horizontally.
- Place a spoonful filling in a corner and fold it in a triangle shape.
- Continue folding until the end and seal the edge with flour water mixture as a glue and repeat the process .
- Heat plenty of oil in a sauce pan or wok and deep fry the samosas until golden brown on both side.
- Or preheat oven on 180° and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy the snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.