Wednesday 16 August 2017

Malay Style Stir-Fried French Beans

Salut,

I like vegetables and one of the vegetables that I always had in my kitchen are french beans. In Asia, we had long beans which is similar to french beans but long beans are slightly different texture than french beans. I prefer french beans because I found the taste are better and even cruncy than the Asian long beans.

Stir-fry is one of my favourite ways to cook vegetables and I like those french beans half cook. For most of the vegetables, I prefer them half cook but not for the meats or seafood. I would not eat raw seafood even if they are half cook. I just can't handle it. But, for whatever it is, everything is depend on individual preference.



STIR-FRIED FRENCH BEANS WITH DRY SHRIMP

Ingredients;

200g french beans, cut diagonally
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 shallot
2-3 small red or green chilli
1 tablespoon dry shrimp, soak in warm water for few minutes
Salt and sugar to taste

METHOD;

- Pound or chop the shallot, chilli and dry shrimp coarsely.
- Heat little oil in a saucepan and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add the chopped shallot chilli paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add in french beans, season with salt and a sugar if desire and stir-fry for a couple of minutes or until tender to suit individual preference.




STIR-FRIED FRENCH BEAN WITH EGG

200g french beans, cut as preference
1 egg
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 shallot, sliced
Small chilli, sliced (optional)
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Heat up some oil in a saucepan and fry garlic, shallot and chilli until fragrant.
- Add french bean and sauté for a minute.
- Beat the egg and mix into the french bean and let the egg cook for a few seconds.
- Stirring, season with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Give it a quick stir fry and dish up.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.