Wednesday 8 June 2016

Banana Muffins and Banana Bread

Salut,

Banana is one of the fruits that I always have in the house. I often make smooties using banana, to make a cake, muffins, bread or just to make a simple fried banana Malay style like we always did at my hometown.

I've actually tried quite a few different recipe of banana muffins and banana bread and so far these two recipe is my favorite. There are a lot of banana recipes out there that I need to try one day and who knows there is another good one at least for my liking.



BANANA MUFFINS

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup vegetables oil
3 tablespoon fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 180° and prepare muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, egg, yogurt, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Add in flour, sugar, baking soda and salt and mix everything just until smooth.
- Pour the batter in a muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.




EGGLESS BANANA BREAD

3 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup raisin, optional
A pinch of salt

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 180° and prepared bread loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combined mashed banana and melted butter.
- Add in milk and vanila, mix well.
- Add sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Lastly, add flour and raisin, mix just until everything combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.