Wednesday 20 April 2016

Shakshuka

Salut,

Shakshuka, a new recipe that I have come across recently and managed to make shakshuka for our dinner last night. This dish is one of the popular breakfast meal in Israel and I suppose it also popular in many Middle Eastern countries.

Simple and easy dish yet good enough to eat with any bread or french baguette. Mon mari and I loved it and many times he said it was so so good. I'll definitely make this dish again and again. I've even got an idea to make these dish for some special occasion and I'm pretty sure it will delight and satisfy eveyone around.

Actually, for the basic shakshuka recipe, there is no meat, but I've add another ingredients like tuna and shredded cheese. I've also devided the sauce into half and baked in oven for 5-8 minutes. I add shredded cheese on top while the sauce still hot.




SHAKSHUKA

Ingredients;

1 onion, chopped
2 clove garlic, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 can tuna
2-3 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Some chopped parsley for garnish
Oil

METHOD;

- Heat some oil in a pan and fry onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper and sauté for few minutes or until softened.
- Add chopped tomatoes and paste and stir until everything well blended. Add a little water if needed.
- Add spice and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Add tuna and stir well, continued to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Crack the egg over the sauce, cover and let simmer for another few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with any bread..

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.