Wednesday 13 April 2016

Roti Jala

Salut,

Whenever I think about what to cook for friends or even simply for our tea time snack at home, one of simple and easy snacks to prepare is roti jala or sometimes being called kuih renjis or net crepes. Roti jala is a type of crepe, made from flour, egg and water. This time, I've made roti jala filled with potato curry and rolled it like spring roll or we can serve separately with other curry dish.

To make this net crepes, we need to use a special mold or for altenative, just use any water bottle or can and nailing a few holes and fill the bottle with batter and swirl around the pan, and voila, there is a net crepe ready.



ROTI JALA

Ingredients;

150g flour
1 egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
300ml water
A pinch of salt
A little bit of yellow colour
Little oil to grease the pan

" For the roti jala filling, I used the same filling of curry puff from my previous post"

METHOD;

- Combined all ingredients, whisk until no lumps or blender and strain the batter.
- Add more water or flour if the batter too thick or thin, until the batter was like crepe consistency
- Fill the special mold or bottle with some batter and gently make some swirl around the grease pan.
- Once the batter is set, remove the crepe to a plate and make the remaining batter.
- Fill the crepes with potato filling and roll it just like making spring roll.
- For those who don't want the filling, just fold them in any shape of your choice.
- Serve with any curry dishes.

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.