Saturday 11 February 2017

Fried Fish with Three Flavoured Sauce

Bonjour,

Asian food, just thinking and picturing the savory and aromatic taste of some Asian food makes me drool. How I miss all the food that my mom used to cook at home. From fish, local vegetables and even a simple fried rice, everything just make my mouth water.

Ikan masak tiga rasa or fried fish cooked with three flavoured sauce has a three flavour, sweet, sour and spicy. Only one dish meal enough for dinner with fish and vegetables comes together, simple yet very satisfying.



FRIED FISH WITH THREE FLAVOURED SAUCE

Ingredients;

2 mackerel or any kind of fish
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1cm ginger, thinly sliced
1 lemongrass, thinly sliced
1 green or red chilli, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
2-3 tablespoons ketchup
2-3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1-2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon corn flour, dissolved with 1/4 cup water

METHOD;

- Clean the fish, season with salt and fry the fish until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat up little oil in a saucepan  and fry garlic, shallot, ginger and lemongrass until fragrant.
- Add chilli, onion, carrot and add a little water if necessary. Cook and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and all the sauces and let the sauce boil for a minute.
- Add cornflour mixture to thicken and season with salt.
- Simmer for another minute and pour the sauce over the fried fish.

Enjoy the fish with rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.