Wednesday 10 May 2017

Indian Red Fish Curry

Namaste,

Red fish curry with rice and Indian crackers, what a good food! When it comes to fish curry, I like my curry quite spicy and sour. I have made Indian style fish curry many times even some recipe are slightly different with others but the basic ingredients still the same.

I tend to cook these red fish curry long time ago and when I saw a big mackerel in supermarket, I bought one and make Indian red fish curry with it. In this recipe, I used asam gelugur that I brought from my hometown or it also called garcinia atroviridis. If asam gelugur is not available, it can substitute with tamarind paste.



INDIAN RED FISH CURRY

Ingredients;

1-2 mackerel or any kind of fish, cleaned and sliced
2 shallots, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
2cm ginger, sliced
1 green or red chilli
2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
4 pieces 'asam gelugur' (garcinia atroviridis)
A cup of water

METHOD;

- In a blender, blend tomato, garlic, ginger, green chilli, chili powder and turmeric powder into fine paste. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and fry shallot until fragrant.
- Add the paste, asam gelugur and a cup of water and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Stirring gently to coat the fish with sauce and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the fish are cook and the sauce are slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice and Indian crackers.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.